SMPlayer is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer, which is capable of playing almost all known video and audio formats. Apart from providing access for the most common and useful options in MPlayer, SMPlayer adds other features, like the possibility to search and play Youtube™ videos, search for subtitles and a skinnable interface. SMPlayer is multi-platform and runs on Windows and Linux.
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave… don’t worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume…
Some other interesting features:
- It can play Youtube videos. A Youtube browser is included, which allows to easily search and play Youtube videos too.
- Complete preferences dialog, where you can change the key shortcuts, colors and fonts of the subtitles, and many more.
- Support for skins and icon themes.
- Possibility to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
- Filters. Many video and audio filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise… and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video. The mouse buttons can also be customized.
- Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in slow motion.
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.
- On your own language: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 30 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese….
- Free and open source. SMPlayer is under the GPL license.
- Compatible with Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/8.
Official site: http://smplayer.sourceforge.net