After 25 days of hard work and almost 7,000 lines of code, I’m proud to announce the first public version of SMPlayer with support for MPV.
MPV is a player based on MPlayer and MPlayer2, with new features and bug fixes.
Some of its most interesting features:
- Possibility to display two subtitles at once
- Play videos from video sites, like Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Vevo and many more
- Support for MKV ordered chapters
- Precise seeking
- Native support for VAAPI and VDA. Improved VDPAU
- Better support for taking screenshots
- (Windows) Improved support for Unicode file names
The support for MPV in SMPlayer is not complete yet, but the most usual functions should work now.
How to get it
Support for MPV is available in SMPlayer from version svn r6419.
There are packages for both Windows and Linux here:
How to use it
To use MPV instead of MPlayer, open the SMPlayer preferences dialog, and enter “mpv” instead of “mplayer” in the mplayer executable field.